Biotech and Biopharma Workshops:
Transforming a Research Idea into a Business Opportunity In the Medical Biotechnology and Biopharmaceutical Sector
December 04, 2017
This is one day workshop. During the workshop sessions, the facilitator will analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the relevant elements of the participants’ business plans and provide detailed feedback on how to improve the plan, with a focus on developing a business plan that can be presented to investors. Workshop sessions will include multiple mini-presentations, exercises, discussions and idea sharing to enable participants to transform their business ideas into an actionable business plan.
The workshop program was designed to allow participants to be introduced to the development of a business plan starting from a business opportunity or project.
||Dr. Abdelali Haoudi
||Perspectives from Local Experience in Biotechnology in KSA
||Ms. Maha Abuyabis
||Session 1: “How to Convert a Research into Commercial Success Story”
||Dr. Klaus Lindpaintner
||Session 2: “Role of Patents in Innovation and New product Development”
||Dr. Ali Al Muntasheri
||Session 3: “From Idea to Commercialization: Considerations for Diagnostic Product Success”.
||Dr. Shaun Lonergan
||Session 4: Round table discussion: attendees will be split in a small working groups of 10 people each group
Key topic 1- Value proposition and innovation
- What problem are we solving for customers?
- What is innovative about our product or service?
- How better is our solution compared with existing solutions?
Key topic 2 – Market identification, analysis and competitive strategy
- who is our customer?
- Select target markets and customers;
- Analyze the market, including customers and competitors;
- Position and differentiate products and services from the competition;
- Develop and implement sales, marketing and distribution strategies;
- Create sustainable competitive advantage for their business;
Key topic 3 – Fundraising and financing
- Raise investment funds to support the growth of their business;
- Forecast the financial performance of their business and calculate the valuation; and,
- How to estimate return on investment (ROI) and social impact.
|Dr. Shaun Lonergan
Dr. Ali Al Muntasheri
Dr. Klaus Lindpaintner
Ms. Maha Abuyabis